Layers enable you to display different plans (for each trade, for example) in the same space. This allows you to group the issues according to the trade in question. For example, we recommend that you create a defect for a plumbing issue on the Plumbing layer.
Introduction to layers
- To access the areas, select a level from the list on the left. Tap on a layer (the default layer is the first one at the top of the list, in this case “Architect”):
In the Finalcad demo project, you will find two more views, namely Electricity and Plumbing. The zoning is exactly the same, only the plan background changes to allow the different networks to be displayed. The default layer is the first one at the top of the list; this is always the “Architect layer”.
Accessing layers on a phone
Navigation on a phone differs from navigation on a tablet in a number of ways, which are explained below:
- (Android) Select this icon to open the list of levels/sectors in your project. (iOS) The list is available immediately when the project is opened.
- Choose the level you want to see
- (Android) Then select the area in the menu or directly from the (colored) sector plan by swiping left on the menu to close it.
(iOs) Once the area is selected, you will need to select one layer (if this area is setup with layers). After selecting the area, choose a layer to open the area plan.
Some articles pertaining to using the Issues module:
- Creating my first issue
- Color coding of issues/statuses
- Using layers
- Using filters
- Rejecting or disputing an issue
- Describing your issue
- What deadline should I assign to my issue?
- Logging into your profile
- Downloading and installing Finalcad
- Downloading a project pro
- My reports by mail
- My reports in the app
- Using layers