Using FINALCAD version 7.1, a PRO project can be set up with automatic synching.
How to determine if a PRO project is set up with automatic synching
- Open your project.
- Tap on the “...” Settings menu at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- If you see the “Synchronization” option, this means the project is in manual mode.
- If you don’t see this option, the project is set to automatic and the top of the Settings screen shows a colored dot with text.
The color of the dot shows the synchronization status:
- Green: your data is synchronized in almost real time.
- Yellow: your project is set for automatic synching, but you haven’t activated notifications in the FINALCAD app. The “Activate notifications” button allows you to do so for enhanced performance. If you don’t activate this option, your project will synch but with greater delays. In this case, you can force a synch for all your projects from the FINALCAD homepage or by closing and opening your project.
- Gray: you are not connected. If you have turned off your network connection, you can reactivate it. (To activate cellular data: Help menu > Advanced button > under iOS “App settings and privacy”.) Once you are connected, your project will once again synch automatically.
- Red: there has been a synch error; a button will ask you to display the error or contact the Support team.
In the last three cases, the date and time of the last synch will appear.
How to switch to automatic synching
- As a project administrator, send your request to our Operations services and specify the project name and/or number.
- Activate notifications within the FINALCAD app when the window appears or use the “Enable notifications” button from the data synchronization section.
Differences between automatic and manual synching
In terms of network usage, both modes are equal in how much data (amount and type, especially images) needs to be synchronized.
- In automatic synch mode:
- Your project is synchronized in almost real time for better collaborative work.
- You can’t forget to synch because this is started automatically, even after a dropped connection, whether expected or not, or after many months of inactivity.
- You can know at any time if your data is synched by checking the synch status in the Settings menu.
- You have a default of 30 minutes to edit or delete data that you’ve created.
- In manual synch mode:
- You need to synch before and after each visit in order to have the latest data.
- You can’t see your colleagues’ work until they do a synch, and vice versa.
- You can edit or delete data as long as they haven’t been synchronized.
<Tips> articles :
- Automatic Synchronization what to know
- I have a sync error
- Synchronizing all of your projects
- How to edit a project’s representative photo
- How to restore unsynchronized data
- FAQ: Using FINALCAD
- Changing the order of zones
- Using QR codes
- Windows version decommissioned Dec 2020
- Paying user or free user ?
- Why some badges are round and others square
- Change the display order on iOS (Issues, Gallery, Zone, etc.)
- Finding an issue within a search field
- Why can’t I see any issues?
- Editing a project deadline
- Finding your FINALCAD software version
- Locally deleting and restoring a project