Since version 7.1 of FINALCAD, a PRO project can be set to Automatic Synchronization.
How do I know if my PRO project is in automatic mode?
- Open your project
- Tap the Settings menu "..." at the bottom left of the screen
- If "Synchronization" item is displayed, you are in manual mode
- Otherwise you are in automatic mode, at the top of the Settings window, a colored circle followed by a text is displayed
The color of the circle indicates the state of the synchronization:
- green: your data is synchronized almost in real time.
- yellow: your project is in automatic synchronization but you have not activated the notifications in the FINALCAD App. An Enable Notifications button prompts you to do this for better performance. If you do not activate this option, your project will synchronize, but the time will be longer. In this case, you can force a synchronization of all projects from the FINALCAD home screen or close / open the project.
- grey: you do not have a connection. If your connection is intentionally disabled you can re-activate it (To activate cellular data: Help menu, Advanced button, under iOS "App Settings and Privacy"). As soon as you have a connection, your project automatically synchronizes again.
- red: you encounter a synchronization error, a button offers to display the error or to contact the support.
In the last three cases, the date and time of the last synchronization are specified.
How to switch to automatic synchronization?
- You are a project administrator, send your request to our Operations department by specifying the name and / or number of the project.
- Enable notifications from the FINALCAD App when the window appears or from the Enable Notifications button in the "Synchronization of data" item.
What are the differences with manual synchronization?
In terms of network consumption, the two modes are equivalent and function of the data to be synchronized.
- In automatic mode,
- your project is synchronized almost in real time for better collaborative work.
- you can not forget to launch a synchronization, this one is launched automatically, even after a connection interruption, voluntary or not, or after several months of inactivity.
- you know at any time if your data is synchronized by checking the status of the synchronization from the Settings menu.
- By default, you have 30 minutes to edit / delete data that you have created.
- In manual mode
- you must synchronize before and after each visit to get the latest data.
- you do not visualize the work of other collaborators until they have synchronized and vice versa.
- you can edit / delete data as long as the data is not synchronized.