There are several types of reports available in Finalcad:
- An export is a document that has been generated directly from the app. It is a digital version of the data that exists in the app, with no analysis or additional information.
- A report can be generated manually in the app or automatically by our servers. It contains statistical elements in addition to the app data.
In this article, we will discuss the reports which are sent to you via email and generated automatically. The reports you can generate directly in your app will be dealt with in the article “My reports in the app”.
Note: You can also extract your reports on our Finalcad Manager platform. For more information, please refer to “Configuration” section.
Reports available by email
Users who are included in the distribution list for a project will periodically receive reports generated by our servers.
Note: You can edit the distribution list entirely according to your wishes on our Finalcad Manager platform.
The periodicity (weekly, daily, or ad hoc) can be changed by contacting our Finalcad support staff. It should be noted that a report will not be generated if no changes have been made to the project since the previous report was generated.
If you no longer want to display the issues which have already been solved or closed out, in order to avoid overloading the PDF, simply contact our support staff to alter your report settings.
A single email per project will be sent to the recipients’ mailboxes for all projects tracked by default. This email includes several different report types:
1. Documents by sector
- The first paragraph of the email offers a report in PDF format for each sector
- All sector reports can be downloaded at once by tapping on “ZIP” in the bottom left corner of the screen
- The PDF document is generated if issues have been reported in the sector.
2. Documents by company
- This offers a PDF report for each company registered in the issue library.
- All of these documents can be downloaded at once by tapping on “ZIP” in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Documents by author
- This section enables the downloading of a PDF report for the author of the issues. This enables each user to download the report of the issues he created.
4. Complete Excel file
- Delivered as an email attachment, the Excel file includes a complete list of all issues
- All information relating to the issues is listed in the file so that you can process the data entirely as you wish.
A few tips:
- When a subcontractor company has a restriction on its trade and is included on the distribution list, it receives a report relating specifically to its trade(s) (it will not receive the general email)
- On reports, the issue creation date matches the synchronisation date
- If a report type is missing, you can request it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The percentages in the reports are rounded down to the nearest whole number. Example: Of 1000 reservations, if 1 reservation is still to be completed, you will have a progress status of 99% rather than 99.9%.
- The PDF link in the email is updated every time the reports are generated (“Reports dispatch” or “Exporting documents”. The document must be downloaded and saved to your computer or mobile device in order to retain it.)
Retrieving a report
The frequency with which reports are sent is set for the entire project. However, if you wish to receive the complete report at a time other than the automatic broadcasts, you can request this directly from your tablet.
New feature: You will even be able to choose the list of addressees!
- Select the menu.
- Select < Reports >.
- Press < Reports dispatch >.
- Select the recipients for this report.
- Select < Selected reports > if you want to change the reports that have been sent.
- Choose the reports you want to send.
- Go back to the previous page to start sending the email from our servers.
Before and after report
Some articles pertaining to using the Issues module:
- Creating my first issue
- Color coding of issues/statuses
- Using layers
- Using filters
- Rejecting or disputing an issue
- Describing your issue
- What deadline should I assign to my issue?
- Logging into your profile
- Downloading and installing Finalcad
- Downloading a project pro
- My reports by mail
- My reports in the app
- Using layers
To continue with the management of your issues:
- Creating a meeting minutes
- Adding a level of important to an issue
- Adding an issue to the punch list
- Before and After labels