Within Finalcad Live, users are assigned to groups that have their own different read and write access.
For more information about the default groups, see this article.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- Adding users to my project
- Creating a new group
- Editing an existing group
Adding users to my project
- Select < Collaborators >.
- Select the < + > icon. There are two options:
- Add a new group (in addition to the default groups already available). See the next page.
- Add a collaborator to a group.
- Select the group and then search for the collaborator(s) you want to add to it.
- Select < Add > to confirm.
Follow the same steps for all groups associated with this project.
If a user is not part of your organisation, see the article “Managing users in my organisation”.
Creating new user groups
When you create a project, three groups are created by default: Contributor, Subcontractor, and Project Manager. (See the article “Default group settings”.)
If you want to add a new group, select the “Collaborators” tab and follow the steps below.
- Select the < + > icon, then on < Add a group >.
- Enter the group name.
- Add the write and access rights for the users in this group. The rights available are the ones by default.
- “See other groups”: See all the actions performed by other groups (event creation, contribution, etc.). It is recommended to activate this option.
- Select < Create > to confirm.
Modifying an existing user group
You can edit the rights and visibility for the newly created groups or the default groups.
- In the < Collaborators > tab, click on the pencil icon for the group you wish to edit.
- In the window, you can edit the rights granted to that group by ticking/unticking those in the list.
- You can also change whether or not this group can see other groups.
- To delete this group, click on the dustbin icon.
- Don’t forget to save.
The rights for default groups are shared with the whole organisation. Modifying these rights affects all the projects of the organisation.